Skylar is an articling student in Smart & Biggar’s Toronto office. She earned her JD from Western University with a specialization in Intellectual Property, Information and Technology (IPIT).
While at law school, Skylar worked as a caseworker for the university’s community legal aid clinic, was president of the Christian Legal Fellowship, and an executive member of the Western Intellectual Property Association. She also completed an exchange at EBS University in Germany.
Prior to beginning her legal studies, Skylar graduated from the University of Waterloo with a B.Sc. in Nanotechnology Engineering. During her undergraduate studies, she gained experience as a student researcher for the Quantum Nano Centre and at the Applied Nanomaterials and Clean Energy Laboratory, both located at the University of Waterloo, and interned as a process engineer at Syncrude Canada.
- Industry Involvement
- In the Media
- Caseworker, Western University's community legal aid clinic (September 2017 - April 2018)
- President, Western University’s Christian Legal Fellowship (September 2018 - April 2019)
- Executive member, Western Intellectual Property Association (September 2018 - April 2019)
- "Quaternized Graphene Oxide Nanocomposites as Fast Hydroxide Conductors" (co-authors: Hadis Zarrin, Jing Fu, Gaopeng Jiang, Jared Lenos, Michael Fowler, and Zhongwei Chen), ACS Nano, February 2, 2015
- “Thixotropic gel electrolyte containing poly(ethylene glycol) with high zinc ion concentration for the secondary aqueous Zn/LiMn2O4 battery” (co-authors: Aly Mitha, Hongyu Mi, Wenhan Dong, In Sik Cho, Jessica Ly, Sydney Bang, Tuan Hoang, Pu Chen), Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, March 1, 2019