A world class experience
If you are considering a career in law and intellectual property, there is no better place to be than Smart & Biggar. With our remarkable domestic and international clientele—ranging from fast-growth companies in the high-tech industry, to mid-size Canadian companies and hundreds of international Fortune 500 companies—you will find yourself working on some of the most exciting, complex and commercially important IP matters in Canada.
Our people are our greatest asset
We are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Small and Medium enterprise employers in Canada. Our team is made up of ambitious, committed, courageous, curious, creative and passionate individuals. As a firm, we keep a sharp focus on ensuring that our workplace reflects what matters to our people. We are committed to creating a culture where highly skilled people can feel challenged and rewarded while building a career and living a balanced life on their own terms.
What makes Smart & Biggar a Top Employer?
- Competitive maternity and parental leave top-up payments to new mothers and adoptive parents, as well as a top-up for fathers
- Healthcare Spending Account with an annual amount of $300 to be put towards out-of-pocket medical or dental expenses
- Professional development opportunities including in-house training, mentoring and paid internships
- Vacation and paid time off to balance work and life, including a competitive vacation package, personal days and statutory holidays
- Coaching Culture, with every team member having a coach - a principal or senior person - to help them achieve personal and professional success
- Community focused with social events and celebrations for employees throughout the year, including holiday parties, summer family barbecues, sports tournaments and various informal events