Dynamic and strategic portfolio management maximizes value and drives growth
The strategic management of industrial designs within an IP portfolio involves continuous review to maximize value, stimulate growth and protect valuable product design assets.
By consistently monitoring product design assets within an IP portfolio, as well as market changes, competitive threats and emerging opportunities, a company can identify and introduce new product features and designs, protect market position, and block competitors from using valuable design features.
A well-managed IP portfolio should seamlessly align with a company’s overall business strategy and goals. Many of our lawyers have experience working in-house in business roles, including in product development, engineering or research and in legal roles managing IP strategies for leading companies. They proactively guide clients through every step of the process to carefully construct and manage IP portfolios, leveraging patents, trademarks and industrial designs and other intellectual property assets.
We consider the role and purpose of each type of intellectual property when we conduct portfolio audits to maximize the strength of a company’s IP rights and their usefulness to business objectives and targets. We seek and find opportunities to further extract increased value from IP assets, including industrial designs, by developing strategic, forward-thinking and results-driven plans for our clients.
Services we provide in this area:
- Conducting audits of IP rights, including industrial design rights
- Portfolio mining to identify and pursue commercialization and licensing opportunities for products protected by industrial designs
- Assessing competitive strengths and risks of industrial design rights in a portfolio
- Extracting revenue from underutilized industrial design assets and rights within the portfolios
- Coordinating and implementing enforcement activities related to industrial designs
- Developing internal IP management policies to maximize innovation and competitive strength of industrial design rights
- Educating management and employees on strategic IP issues and opportunities related to protecting product design with industrial design rights