Dynamic and results-driven litigator
Denise is a litigator who understands the most important IP needs of an innovative and future-oriented clientele. Her ability to stay up to date with the challenges of her clients’ ever-changing industries ensures that she delivers the best possible outcomes for their businesses.
Strategic insights bolstered by experience in litigation and business law
In addition to her primary focus on intellectual property litigation, Denise’s expertise includes IP transactions and licensing and due diligence for contracts and acquisitions. Her combined background in litigation and business law allows her to provide strategic insights to clients that ensure the protection and growth of their IP assets.
Denise’s litigation practice is informed by her extensive experience drafting memoranda, legal opinions, pleadings, cease and desist letters, assignments and procedural documents to the Court. Denise also has experience in all procedural matters pre-trial, such as reviewing documents, including transcripts and preparing responses, identifying subject-matter experts for trials, preparing affidavits, and performing legal research.
Recognized for academic excellence and community engagement
Upon entry to the McGill law program, Denise was a recipient of the J.W. McConnell Entrance Scholarship for her strong academic standing and her involvement in the community. Throughout the program, she participated in case competitions organized by McGill Business Law Association and volunteered at the McGill Law clinic.
- Industry Involvement
- In the Media
- Member, Quebec Bar
- Member, Young Bar of Montreal
- Member, Lord Reading Society
- Member, Association des juristes pour l’avancement de la vie artistique (AJAVA)
- "Lexpert's Top 10 Business Decisions of 2021/2022", (Angelcare Development Inc. et al. v. Munchkin, Inc. et al., 2022 FC 507), Lexpert, November 23, 2022
- "Stiff Penalty for Copyright Infringer in Canada: Federal Court Hands Out Prison Sentence for Contempt in Ongoing Infringement Case", (co-author: Daniel Anthony), LexisNexis Internet & E-Commerce Law Newsletter, March 2022
- "Propriété intellectuelle : une pratique du droit fascinante", Droit Inc, October 27, 2022