Technical expert and inventor secures patent protection for local and international innovators
As an inventor of two patented inventions, Bryce understands the perspective of clients seeking patents for their valuable innovations. He uses these insights and his exceptional technical knowledge to draft and prosecute patent applications in Canada and the U.S. for clients ranging from independent inventors to large, multinational corporations.
Bryce’s area of expertise is the preparation and acquisition of patent protection. He is skilled in drafting and prosecuting patent applications before the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, the United States Patent and Trademark Office and in other jurisdictions, with emphasis on patents related to electrical and mechanical technologies.
Clients benefit from Bryce’s in-depth knowledge of optics, electronics and telecommunications, as well as his strong background in science, engineering, and developing electrical technology.
- Industry Involvement
- In the Media
- Affiliate, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- "Direct laser write process for 3D conductive carbon circuits in polyimide," (co-authors: P. Parkinson, and P. Scully) Journal of Materials Chemistry C, Vol. 5, pp. 4923, 2017
- "Characterization of a silica-PVA hybrid for high density and stable silver dissolution," (co-authors: G. Zhu, P. Parkinson, W. Perrie, M. Benyezzar, and P. Scully) Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 177, pp. 1924, 2016
- "Two-mode division multiplexing in a silicon-oninsulator ring resonator," (co-author: W. N. Ye) Optics Express, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 4547, Feb. 2014
- "Conditions for Single-Mode and Birefringence-Free Ultrasmall SOI Rib Waveguides at 1310 nm," (co-author: W. N. Ye) Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 31, no. 21, pp. 3420, 2013