Smart & Biggar presents the Bootstrap Awards for the 4th consecutive year, celebrating Ottawa region entrepreneurs
On March 3rd, Smart & Biggar, in partnership with The Ottawa Network (T.O.N.), honoured self-funded, early-stage companies at the 2020 Bootstrap Awards.
The annual awards celebrated the Ottawa region’s start-up movers and shakers and paid tribute to a legacy of self-funded entrepreneurs.
Eight companies who embody the entrepreneur lifestyle in early stage companies were recognized by an audience of over one hundred attendees.
The evening was co-hosted by Ottawa senior associate Jamie-Lynn Kraft.
Congratulations to the following 2020 Bootstrap Award honourees:
- Green Award: Backcountry Wok
- Innovation Award: Tungsten Collaborative
- SAAS Award: Rillea Technologies
- Marketing Award: Hit Point Press
- Bootstrap Capital Award: Space Strategies Consulting
- Disruptor Award: Lightship Security, Inc.
- Community Impact Award: Sprig Learning
- Founder of the Year: Dr. Ellie Ardakani of Meta Innovation Technologies
Smart & Biggar is Canada’s leading Intellectual Property law firm. We work with international and Canadian companies to develop IP protection strategies that maximize the commercial value of IP and increase return on innovation. In the Ottawa region, Smart & Biggar is committed to supporting emerging technology and innovation, and the work of start-up entrepreneurs and inventors.