Skilled litigator offers thorough, comprehensive patent and trademark support
An exceptionally diligent and thorough litigator, Matthew employs an exacting attention to detail with a strong research background to anticipate both his client’s needs and their opponent’s next move.
Matthew understands the potential applications of innovative therapies and products, and excels in managing patent litigation files from beginning to end, including developing a litigation strategy, drafting written arguments, and arguing motions before the court. He is also skilled in trademark and copyright enforcement.
Matthew finished law school as the silver medalist of his graduating class, and was awarded several additional awards throughout his time at the University of Ottawa, including the prize for the highest standing in the Business Organizations Course (2014-2015), the Osgoode Society Prize for Canadian Legal History (2015-2016) and the E. Bruce Leonard Prize for the highest standing in the Bankruptcy and Insolvency course (2015-2016).
- In the Media
- "Lexpert's Top 10 Business Decisions of 2021/2022", (Angelcare Development Inc. et al. v. Munchkin, Inc. et al., 2022 FC 507), Lexpert, November 23, 2022
- "Enforcing foreign judgments in Canada" (co-author: Daniel Anthony), Association of Corporate Counsel, December 2020
- “Patent Litigation in Canada: Overview” (co-authors: Steven Garland, Jeremy Want and Daniel Hnatchuk), Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, July 2018
- “Resveratrol induces expression of the slow, oxidative phenotype in mdx mouse muscle together with enhanced activity of the SIRT1-PGC-1α axis” (co-authors: V. Ljubicic and J.A. Lunde), American Journal of Physiology – Cell Physiology, July 2014
- “The therapeutic potential of skeletal muscle plasticity in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: phenotypic modifiers as pharmacologic targets” (co-authors: V. Ljubicic and B.J. Jasmin), FASEB Journal, February 2014
- “Chronic AMPK activation evokes the slow, oxidative myogenic program and triggers beneficial adaptations in mdx mouse skeletal muscle” (co-authors: V. Ljubicic, P. Miura, L. Boudreault, S. Khogali, J.A. Lunde, J.M. Renaud, and B.J. Jasmin), Human Molecular Genetics, September 2011