Smart & Biggar honours Ottawa entrepreneurs as presenting sponsor of the 2021 Bootstrap Awards
In a virtual ceremony on June 17, 2021, Smart & Biggar, in partnership with The Ottawa Network (T.O.N.), recognized self-funded, early-stage companies at the 2021 Bootstrap Awards.
The evening was co-hosted by Smart & Biggar senior associate Jamie-Lynn Kraft and Erin Engelhardt of T.O.N. and featured a Q&A with each of the winners.
The annual awards celebrate the Ottawa region’s start-up movers and shakers and pay tribute to a legacy of self-funded entrepreneurs. Eight companies who embody the entrepreneur lifestyle in early stage companies were recognized by a community of virtual attendees, sponsors and award partners.
Congratulations to the 2021 Bootstrap Award winners:
- Green Award: Greenre President: Keith Loiselle
- Innovation Award: CoGenerate Solar CEO: Ra'ed Arab CTO: Bruno Rocha
- SaaS Award: Noibu Co-founders: Robert Boukine and Kailin Noivo
- Marketing Award: Wicket Co-founders: Jeff Horne and Laura Mindorff
- Bootstrap Capital Award: RedLore CEO: Niek Van Dierdonck
- Disruptor Award: Extend Pharmacy Specialists Founder: Jason Wentzell Manager: Meghan Hayes
- Community Impact Award: Treehouse Medical Founder: Julia Slanina
- Founder of the Year: Jason Lee Company: SmartCone Technologies
As a leader in Intellectual Property law in Canada, Smart & Biggar works with international and Canadian companies to develop IP protection strategies that maximize the commercial value of IP and increase return on innovation. In the Ottawa region, Smart & Biggar is committed to supporting emerging technology and innovation, and the work of start-up entrepreneurs and inventors.