Creative solutions to complex litigation matters
Elodie takes a creative, business-minded approach when helping clients with their contentious intellectual property matters. Clients benefit from her ability to understand the unique trends in an industry and her proficiency in meeting specific needs with tailored solutions. In her legal career, she has built a reputation for her ability to anticipate the upcoming issues in a case and her commitment to achieving the best outcomes for clients.
An experienced advisor with broad industry knowledge
Elodie’s litigation practice encompasses all aspects of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and industrial designs. She is skilled at developing litigation strategies, drafting written arguments, preparing witnesses, preparing and responding to discovery requests, and drafting written submissions for motions and trials before the Federal Court and the Superior Court of Quebec. When preparing for a case, Elodie frequently consults with diverse technical experts, and she has deep expertise in many industries, including consumer products, luxury goods, apparel, food, digital media and e-commerce.
Elodie earned her Master’s in Intellectual Property Law in France, where she interned for a prestigious intellectual property firm and studied the role of trademark protection in the pharmaceutical industry. Before joining Smart & Biggar, she worked at a well-established intellectual property firm in Montreal where she focused her practice on trademark matters and litigation.
Collaborative approach produces meaningful results
- Industry Involvement
- Associate member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada; Member of the Anti-Counterfeiting Committee
- Member, Association du jeune Barreau de Montréal; Member of the Socio-cultural and Sporting Events Committee
- Member, Regroupement des praticiens en marques de commerce (RPM)
- Member, Association des juristes pour l’avancement de la vie artistique (AJAVA)
- Member, Jeunes Gouverneurs des Grands Ballets Canadiens; Member of the Organizing Committee