Skilled litigator with broad IP expertise boosts client IP rights
An accomplished litigator and communicator, Olivier applies his broad experience in intellectual property (IP) litigation when providing valuable guidance and advice to his clients.
He focuses on a wide range of IP and technology law issues, and provides practical and sophisticated protection, management, enforcement, litigation and strategic counselling services. Olivier’s practice also involves the protection and enforcement of protected geographical indications (Appellations d’Origine Contrôlée) in Canada.
Prior to joining the firm, Olivier sharpened his skills in copyrights and privacy in Canada as a research assistant to Professor Georges Azzaria. He gained additional insights as a member of the in-house legal departments at two major pharmaceutical companies. During his studies in law, Olivier excelled as a speaker, ranking 1st at two separate public speaking competitions.
- In the Media
- “Global Wine Law - An AIDV Guide: Canadian chapter,” (co-author: Ekaterina Tsimberis), International Association of Lawyers for Vine and Wine Law, February, 2021
- "Survol pratique des recours extraordinaires en matière de droit d’auteur au Canada" (co-author : Guillaume Lavoie Ste-Marie), Développements récents en droit de la propriété intellectuelle, Éditions Yvon Blais, Vol. 484, November 2020
- "Third-Party Products and Trademark Use in Canada Explained" (co-author: Christian Bolduc), INTA Bulletin, Vol. 75, No. 6, April 1, 2020
- "Développements récents en droit de la propriété intellectuelle" (co-author: Christian Bolduc), Éditions Yvon Blais, Volume 449, November 2018
- "Au-delà de la lutte anti-contrefaçon : effets pratiques de l’amendement à l’article 20 de la Loi sur les marques de commerce" (co-author: Guillaume Lavoie Ste-Marie), Les cahiers de propriété intellectuelle, vol. 30, no. 1, Montreal, Éditions Yvon Blais, January 2018