Smart & Biggar tops the ranking for IP Litigation in 2022 Benchmark Canada Guide
Smart & Biggar is proud to share that Benchmark Litigation has recognized our firm once again as a leader for Intellectual Property (IP) Litigation in Canada.
This year, eleven (11) of Smart & Biggar’s partners are featured as “Litigation Stars” in the 2022 Benchmark Canada Guide in addition to three (3) partners identified as “Future Stars” for IP Litigation in Canada. Rounding out the firm’s coverage by Benchmark, partner Steven Garland was once again featured among the Top 50 Trial lawyers in Canada.
Editors at Benchmark hailed Smart & Biggar as “Canada’s deepest and most renowned intellectual property law firm” with a dominant position in Canada’s IP community as “true trial lawyers” that are “revered for a range of experience and landmark wins” across all areas of IP litigation including trademarks, patents, and copyrights.
In terms of client and industry coverage, Benchmark highlighted Smart & Biggar’s “celebrated patent practice” with heavy coverage in the pharmaceutical industry alongside a “diverse portfolio of patent victories from polymers to hockey helmets” and in the trademark practice, for a list of clients that reads like a “who’s who” of household names.
Peers in the IP litigation community quoted by Benchmark enthused “Smart & Biggar has a pretty stellar record of winning at trial” and declared “There are IP lawyers and there are IP litigators. Smart & Biggar definitely qualifies for the latter designation”.
Congratulations to each of our leading IP Litigation lawyers on this outstanding recognition!
- Mark Biernacki, Toronto, Litigation Star
- Jean-Sébastien Dupont, Montréal, Litigation Star
- Daniel Davies, Ottawa, Future Star
- Mark Evans, Toronto, Litigation Star
- Steven Garland, Ottawa, Litigation Star / Top 50 Trial Lawyer
- François Guay, Montréal, Litigation Star
- Sheldon Hamilton, Toronto, Litigation Star
- Graham Hood, Toronto, Future Star
- Yoon Kang, Toronto, Litigation Star
- Evan Nuttall, Calgary, Litigation Star
- Nancy Pei, Toronto, Litigation Star
- Ekaterina Tsimberis, Montréal, Litigation Star
- Jeremy Want, Ottawa, Litigation Star
- Urszula Wojtyra, Toronto, Future Star
About Smart & Biggar
Smart & Biggar is widely recognized as Canada’s leading firm for intellectual property law, with offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Montréal, Vancouver and Calgary. We are leaders in intellectual property and technology law and have been serving clients for over a century.