Smart & Biggar chosen as one of the top 15 IP firms in the world by Who’s Who Legal 100
Smart & Biggar is proud to announce that Who’s Who Legal 100 has recognized the firm as one of the top 15 IP firms in the world in the 2015 edition of the guide, identifying that the firm is renowned for expertise across a broad range of intellectual property matters, from brand management and transactional IP to high profile litigation.
In total, six of our professionals were also recognized in the guide:
- Christian Bolduc is lauded as a “greatly respected lawyer whose expertise covers the full range of trademark matters, from portfolio management to licensing agreements.”
- Mark Evans is featured prominently for his “sector-leading knowledge in the field” and received further praise for his expertise in brand strategy and clearance.
- Gunars Gaikis is recognized for having a “wealth of experience in life sciences IP disputes” and is described as a “truly exceptional litigator in pharmaceutical patent and trademark cases.”
- Steven Garland is identified as “superb” and as a “go-to expert for innovative pharmaceutical companies.”
- François Guay is noted for his 30+ years of experience in IP litigation and for his reputation for acting for a number of high profile clients including Nike, Sony, Chanel and Microsoft.
- Sheldon Hamilton is recommended for his “comprehensive understanding of the Patented Medicines Regulations and their application in major pharmaceutical proceedings.”
Now in its fourth edition, Who's Who Legal 100 features a total of 266 firm listings, from multi-award winning global heavyweights to the very best independent law firms and consulting experts, and provides an in-depth ranking order of the best law firms within 11 distinct practice area groupings.