Smart & Biggar leads the field for patents in Canada in 2020 Who’s Who Legal: Patents
Smart & Biggar is pleased to share that twelve of our partners have been listed among Canada’s top patent agents and lawyers in the recently released Who’s Who Legal: Patents 2020 guide – more than any other Canadian firm.
Earlier this year, Who’s Who Legal also recognized two of our partners as ‘WWL Global Thought Leaders’ in the field of patents.
Who’s Who Legal has identified leading practitioners in this field since 1996. Listees are selected based on comprehensive, independent surveys of both general counsel and patent agents and lawyers worldwide.
Patent agents are recognized for their expertise in patent strategy, drafting and prosecution, while lawyers are listed for their legal work in the field, including litigation and enforcement.
Congratulations to each of our listed patent agents and lawyers on achieving this recognition:
- Gunars Gaikis, (Lawyer, Global Thought Leader) noted for “near-unrivalled experience in patent litigation, along with invaluable insights into medical and pharmaceutical products.”
- Steven Garland (Lawyer), praised as “an outstanding lawyer with a top-class practice.”
- Stephan Georgiev (Patent Agent)
- François Guay (Lawyer), lauded as “a long-standing fixture in the Canadian market with an enviable clientele.”
- Sheldon Hamilton (Lawyer), recognized for his “strong trial experience” and “profound expertise in pharmaceutical litigation.”
- Yoon Kang (Lawyer)
- John Knox, (Patent Agent, Global Thought Leader) with “a reputation as one of the foremost players in the Canadian market” and “a successful track record in drafting and prosecuting patent applications.”
- Daphne Lainson (Patent Agent)
- Nancy Pei (Lawyer), praised as a “distinguished litigator who maintains an excellent practice” and “particularly commended for her work in the life sciences field.”
- David Schwartz (Patent Agent), recognized as “a long-time figure within the patents field.”
- Oliver Stone (Patent Agent)
- Matthew Zischka (Patent Agent), lauded as an “accomplished patent agent who is extremely proficient in electrical, software and mechanical patent applications.”
Smart & Biggar is widely recognized as Canada’s leading firm for intellectual property law, with offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary. We are leaders in intellectual property and technology law and have been serving clients for over a century.