Strategic IP counselling throughout the trademark life cycle
Nora provides strategic counselling and IP services to clients throughout the trademark life cycle, including clearance, prosecution, opposition and enforcement.
In addition to representing clients before the Canadian Trademark Opposition Board, she also performs trademark clearance searches and provides availability opinions, prepares and files trademark applications, and prosecutes trademark applications before the Canadian Intellectual Property Office.
During her undergraduate studies, Nora received two awards from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, the Undergraduate Student Research Award to pursue research in glacial sedimentology, and the Collaborative Research and Training Experience Scholarship to carry out research in organic photochemistry. Additionally, Nora received the Hypercube Scholar Award for the presentation of her thesis titled, “Preparation of Silicone Elastomers via Boron-catalyzed Crosslinking.”
During her legal studies, Nora participated in an academic exchange at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.
In 2020, Nora received the Education Foundation Award at IPIC’s Annual Conference in recognition of earning the highest overall mark in the 2019 Canadian Trademark Agent Qualifying Examination.
- Industry Involvement
- In the Media
- "Canadian tips under the Madrid Protocol: Unique and unusual issues to consider when pursuing a Canadian designation" (with Philip Lapin), Smart & Biggar webinar, October 12, 2023
- "Fast track your trademark applications in Canada: Expediting Canadian trademarks examination" (with Kwan T. Loh), Smart & Biggar webinar, June 15, 2023
- Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA); member of the Non-Traditional Marks Committee (2024-2025)
- "Protecting and enforcing design rights: Canada" (co-author: Christine Genge), World Trademark Review, November 15, 2019