Legal experts from Smart & Biggar LLP joined forces with Ad Standards to explore current issues in Advertising and Marketing law and strategies to build brand value and strengthen IP.
- Strategic marketing to build brand value and IP – including the use of trademarks by B2B companies to build brand equity with end users and consumers, the use of strategic marketing programs to acquire distinctiveness and leveraging other IP to build brand equity.
- Lessons learned during COVID-19 – timely lessons learned during the global pandemic which have wide-ranging relevance.
- Hot topics in self-regulation – the latest on influencer rules and enforcement, what triggers complaints from consumers, and what are the most common questions advertisers have about the Canadian Code of Advertising.
Speakers: Smart & Biggar's Alice Tseng and Mark Biernacki was joined by Ad Standards' Chief Legal & Policy Officer Catherine Bate
Events & Webinars
Protection Strategies for Global BrandsA timely series of webinars to provide in-house counsel and global IP lawyers with a complete understanding of the unique aspects of Canadian brand protection. Read More
- 01:00 PM Smart & Biggar's trademark team provides a roundup of Canadian IP law by highlighting some of the most important new laws, cases, and practice directions from 2023. Read More
- A timely series of webinars to provide in-house counsel and global IP lawyers with a complete understanding of the unique aspects of Canadian brand protection. Read More