Below are Rx IP Update’s most-read articles of 2021 (see also our 2021 Highlights in Canadian Life Sciences IP and Regulatory Law):
- Federal Court remits BELSOMRA CSP timing refusal for redetermination
- Update on biosimilars in Canada – October 2021
- Health Canada paving the way for more AI/ML medical devices
- First year of Project Orbis leads to 38 approvals of cancer therapies, including 8 by Health Canada
- Patentability of diagnostic methods – has the Canadian Patent Office drawn the line?
- New CADTH Report on Health Technology Trends in 2021
- FCA upholds reconsideration decision maintaining $100M+ award against Apotex for cefaclor patent infringement
- Federal Court decision regarding glatiramer acetate finds one patent obvious and another valid and infringed
- Supreme Court of Canada denies Amgen leave to appeal decision invalidating its filgrastim patent
- Federal Court of Appeal upholds decision finding Seedlings' LifeCard patent invalid and not infringed by Pfizer’s EpiPen
The preceding is intended as a timely update on Canadian intellectual property and technology law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. To obtain such advice, please communicate with our offices directly.