On August 3, 2023, the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) released its annual report. Highlights from 2022-2023 include:
- Development of procedures for review of nationally procured pharmaceuticals and delivery of implementation advice for certain COVID-19 treatments.
- Reports on evidence and resources for post-COVID condition (also known as long COVID).
- Creation of new reimbursement review pathways including the Non-Sponsored Single Drug Review and Streamlined Drug Class Review and a consultation on time-limited drug reimbursement recommendations.
- Creation of the Post-Market Drug Evaluation Program.
- Release of the 2023 Watch List: Top 10 Precision Medicine Technologies and Issues.
- Start of a learning period and development of draft guidance regarding the use of real-world evidence.
- Report on a potential pan-Canadian formulary.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Life Sciences Regulatory & Compliance Group.
The preceding is intended as a timely update on Canadian intellectual property and technology law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. To obtain such advice, please communicate with our offices directly.