Smart & Biggar honoured by Managing Intellectual Property with 17 ‘IP Stars’ and as leading the Canadian trademark field
Smart & Biggar is pleased to announce that seventeen of the firm’s practitioners have been ranked as “IP Stars” by Managing Intellectual Property’s (MIP) 2020 edition.
MIP also released its 2020 firm rankings for Trademarks with Smart & Biggar topping the charts again for both contentious and non-contentious work.
Earlier in the year, MIP awarded Smart & Biggar with “IP Boutique Firm of the Year” as well as the “Canadian Trademark Contentious Firm of the Year” at the MIP North America Awards. In addition, Toronto Managing partner Mark Evans was awarded the “Canadian Outstanding Trademark Practitioner” award, reinforcing our position as a tier one firm for trademarks.
Congratulations to all of our 2020 ‘IP Stars’:
- Mark Biernacki (Trademark Star)
- Allan Brett (Patent Star)
- Mark Evans (Trademark Star)
- Gunars Gaikis (Patent Star)
- Steven Garland (Patent Star, Trademark Star)
- Stephan Georgiev (Patent Star)
- Sanjay Goorachurn (Trademark Star)
- François Guay (Patent Star, Trademark Star)
- Sheldon Hamilton (Patent Star)
- Yoon Kang (Patent Star)
- Daphne Lainson (Patent Star)
- Philip Lapin (Trademark Star)
- Nancy Pei (Patent Star)
- David Schwartz (Patent Star)
- Elliott Simcoe (Patent Star, Trademark Star)
- Jeremy Want (Patent Star)
- Matthew Zischka (Patent Star)
The full ranking for MIP IP Stars in copyright, patents and trademarks can be found here.
Smart & Biggar is widely recognized as Canada’s leading firm for intellectual property law, with offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary. We are leaders in intellectual property and technology law and have been serving clients for over a century.